If a patron loses his/her library card, he/she should notify the library as soon as possible and request a replacement. There will be a $3 charge to replace lost cards.
- 3 weeks for books and audio books.
- 1 week for all movies and magazines, with a limit of 6 movies per family at one time.
- All materials may be renewed once if there are no holds on that item. Patrons can renew items by calling, stopping in, or logging onto our website with their library card number.
- Reference books are not available for check out, unless you are granted special overnight permission.
- Interlibrary loan materials are due the date indicated by the lending library.
- only 6 DVD's or VHS's may be out on a single card
Fines and charges:
There is a 10 cent per day fine for overdue books, audio books, and magazines. Fines for movies are $1 per day. A first notice is sent out after the material is due. If the material is not returned within one month, a bill will be sent out for the cost of replacing the material, including a service charge for processing, cataloging, and postage.
Patrons who have been sent an overdue notice or who have accrued fines greater than $5 per card will be denied borrowing privileges and use of the computers until the materials are returned and the fines paid, or until the material is paid for if lost or damaged.
If materials are damaged and judged by the library as unsuitable for the collection, the patron must pay the replacement cost. A notice of these charges will be sent to the borrower. Once payment has been made, the damaged material will belong to the patron.
Meeting Room Policy
- The room is available to individuals or organized groups in the Library's service area of Burnett County. The Library Board may make exceptions if the Board deems extenuating circumstances are involved.
- A group permitted to meet at the Library does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group’s policies or beliefs by the library staff or Board of Trustess.
- The room may be reserved no more than ninety days in advance.
- Reservations are to be made with the director.
- It is understood that library programming will have first priority in room use.
- There will be no charge for use of the meeting room for persons living in our service area. There is a $25.00 charge for room use for those living outside our service area.
- No admission may be charged by the group using the room.
- Refreshments may be served and shall be provided by the group. No smoking is allowed.
- The people using the room shall leave it in a neat, clean, orderly condition; if not, the group/individual will be given notice that continued offense will result in denied access to the meeting room.
- The Library is not responsible for any equipment, supplies, materials, clothing, or other items brought to the Library building by any group or individual attending a meeting.
- The Library Board and staff do not assume any liability for groups of individuals attending a meeting in the Library.
- The room is utilized on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30 P.M. until 5:00 P.M. throughout the school year.