Grantsburg Library Mission and Goal Statements
The Mission of the Grantsburg Public Library, Mary Ann Erickson Memorial, is to provide quality materials and services which fulfill educational, informational, cultural, and recreational needs of the entire community in an atmosphere that is welcoming, respectful, and businesslike.
The general goals of the Grantsburg Public Library are:
- To serve all residents of the community and the surrounding regions
- To acquire and make available to all residents books, periodicals, and other services. To also aid them in becoming well informed, locating answers to important questions, cultivating the imagination and creative expression, developing skills for career and vocational advancement, and enjoying leisurely reading and other media services.
- To acquire the most frequently requested material within our library, or if needed, from other libraries.
- To maintain a program of service which locates information, guides reading, organizes and interprets material for people of various backgrounds, stimulates thinking, and encourges inttelectual development in individuals of all ages.
- To strive constantly to discover new methods and improvements to bring better services to the library’s patrons.
- To review regularly these goals of the Grantsburg Public Library and, if necessary revise them in light of new developments.