If a patron loses his/her library card, he/she should notify the library as soon as possible and request a replacement. There will be a $3 charge to replace lost cards.
- 3 weeks for books and audio books.
- 1 week for all movies and magazines, with a limit of 6 movies per family at one time.
- All materials may be renewed once if there are no holds on that item. Patrons can renew items by calling, stopping in, or logging onto our website with their library card number.
- Reference books are not available for check out, unless you are granted special overnight permission.
- Interlibrary loan materials are due the date indicated by the lending library.
- only 6 DVD's or VHS's may be out on a single card
Fines and charges:
There is a 10 cent per day fine for overdue books, audio books, and magazines. Fines for movies are $1 per day. A first notice is sent out after the material is due. If the material is not returned within one month, a bill will be sent out for the cost of replacing the material, including a service charge for processing, cataloging, and postage.
Patrons who have been sent an overdue notice or who have accrued fines greater than $5 per card will be denied borrowing privileges and use of the computers until the materials are returned and the fines paid, or until the material is paid for if lost or damaged.
If materials are damaged and judged by the library as unsuitable for the collection, the patron must pay the replacement cost. A notice of these charges will be sent to the borrower. Once payment has been made, the damaged material will belong to the patron.