Copies, Faxes, Scans and Notary Service
- Black and white printing/copying at a charge of .25 cents/page is available
- Library staff will send your faxes for $2 for one page, additional pages are .50 cents/page
- There is no charge for scanning, but there is a limit to 10 scans a day
Notary Service Policy
The Grantsburg Public Library offers free limited Notary Public services for the benefit of the residents of our community. It is recommended that all requestors seeking Notary Service call the library prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available at that time.
The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of notary service: General Guidelines:
- The Library does not charge a fee for Notary Public Services
- Notary Service is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and is not available at all times.
- Notary Service is not available 15 minutes before the library closes.
- The requestor must provide the Notary with a valid form of photo identification, such as a current driver’s license, military ID or passport.
- The library provides only basic Notary Public Services. The Library is not able to notarize more than 3 documents per person per visit.
- Documents to be notarized must contain a Notary Public jurat or acknowledgement.
- Documents to be notarized must be in English.
- Notary Publics cannot certify true copies of passports or drivers licenses.
- The Library does not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
Notaries will not provide service if the requestor, document or circumstance of the request for Notary Public Service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Notary Public may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Public Service.
If you want a book that is unavailable on the Merlin System, we can most likely access it for you through Interlibrary loan. For more information, call the library or stop in.
The Grantsburg Public Library offers many different programs for every age group.
- Preschool reading hour
- Summer youth reading program
- After school reading program
- Adult reading program/book club
- AARP tax preperation services
- Youth chess club
The Internet is available during regular hours. Patrons may check out a computer for a 30 minute increment. If no other patrons are waiting for the computer the patron may begin another 30 minute increment.
Only the patron whose name is on the card my use the computer, you may not use a computer with another's library card.
Patrons may call ahead to reserve computers for specific times. For online classes that require greater than 30 minute checkouts, please consult a staff member.
The Henry Peterson History Room
The local history room at the Grantsburg Public Library is a repository for archival material documenting the development of the early settlement of this area. On file are census reports, cemetery records, birth, death and marriage records, obituaries, some school and church records, homestead locations, maps, history books, plat books, and various other historical reports, including micro-filmed copies of 150 years of the Grantsburg newspapers. There is a vast collection of local family history donated by local writers. If you have a family record, please donate it to the local archives.
A donation for the collection and preservation of these materials would be greatly appreciated!