Copies, Faxes, Scans and Notary Service
- Black and white printing/copying at a charge of .25 cents/page is available
- Library staff will send your faxes for $2 for one page, additional pages are .50 cents/page
- There is no charge for scanning, but there is a limit to 10 scans a day
Notary Service Policy
The Grantsburg Public Library offers free limited Notary Public services for the benefit of the residents of our community. It is recommended that all requestors seeking Notary Service call the library prior to their visit to ensure that a Notary is available at that time.
The following guidelines will be followed in the provision of notary service: General Guidelines:
- The Library does not charge a fee for Notary Public Services
- Notary Service is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and is not available at all times.
- Notary Service is not available 15 minutes before the library closes.
- The requestor must provide the Notary with a valid form of photo identification, such as a current driver’s license, military ID or passport.
- The library provides only basic Notary Public Services. The Library is not able to notarize more than 3 documents per person per visit.
- Documents to be notarized must contain a Notary Public jurat or acknowledgement.
- Documents to be notarized must be in English.
- Notary Publics cannot certify true copies of passports or drivers licenses.
- The Library does not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from staff or customers using the Library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
Notaries will not provide service if the requestor, document or circumstance of the request for Notary Public Service raises any issue of authenticity, ambiguity, doubt or uncertainty for the Library. In this event, the Notary Public may, at his/her sole discretion, decline to provide Notary Public Service.